OARC does not currently have any long-term vacancies open. We are hoping to hire a Software Engineer on a Q4 2022 - Q1 2023 time-frame, please contact us if you are interested and have a relevant background
In general, all roles at OARC are suitable for remote working. Hours for long-term positions are negotiable between 80-160 per month.
OARC currently has the following positions open to work on specific projects:
- Network Administrator:
Cleaning up and documenting routing configurations. Total budget for this work is in the region of $3-5k.
Interested parties may submit a Resume/CV and any supporting documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Work for DNS-OARC ?
For someone with the right skills and style of working, you will find being part of our team flexible and rewarding:
- Be at the heart of the DNS industry, participate in its technical community, and build relationships with all the key players.
- Make a difference to helping the Internet work better for all.
- An opportunity to contribute to solving some of the critical technical challenges in Internet infrastructure, naming and security.
- Be involved in developing and supporting open-source software and data analysis tools that help understand the operation of the Internet’s naming infrastructure.
- Association with and the opportunity to build on OARC’s strong reputation, community, neutrality and sustainability.
- Being able to work for a neutral public benefit mission, free of vested commercial interests.
- The chance to travel to high-profile US and international Internet conferences several times per year.
- Opportunity to speak at and be a public face of OARC at workshops and conferences.
- Enable dialogue between the academic research and commercial operator communities.
- Support for personal professional development in Internet engineering, research, event running, community building, and governance.
- Possibility to mix working for OARC with other projects and engagements.
- Work for an organization with a well-established remote/WFH working environment and culture.
- Work within a close-knit, internationally diverse and inclusive team, with proven and established supportive leadership.
- A flexible working environment that is adaptable to your particular skills and strengths., and style of working.
Joining Our Team
Due to its small size and international constituency, DNS-OARC staff resources are provided by a flexible distributed team of independent contractors, rather than a set of pay-rolled employees.
Are you a person with potential to join the OARC team ? Here's key attributes we're ideally looking for in candidates (some of these are role-dependent, so we don't expect everyone to tick every single box):
- Has a strong commitment to OARC's public benefit mission of making the DNS and wider Internet work better for all.
- Someone who is proven, equipped, well-established, motivated, and comfortable working in a remote/WFH environment, not just as a pandemic expediency, but long-term.
- Is a self-starter, can work independently, and has the ability to propose and execute their own ideas and solutions.
- A team player, who is supportive of their colleagues and OARC's stakeholder community members.
- Proficient or adaptable in using distributed working, cloud and open-source tools for getting the job done:
e.g. E-mail, Github/Gitlab, Zoom, Mattermost & Signal chat, Mailman,
Indico, SuiteCRM, QuickBooks, Etherpad, Drupal, MediaWiki;
various social media, and/or similar collaborative platforms.
- Is available, willing and enjoys travel to events and sites in the US and internationally.
- Has their own contracting company or similar vehicle, and is self-sufficient for matters of invoicing, tax, benefits, travel, expenses.
- May have multiple non-conflicting part-time engagements in parallel, coupled with good communication, time management and prioritization skills to ensure all clients' needs are met.
- Is known and has good networking within their professional communities, and is comfortable and fluent with being a public face of OARC at events and conferences.
- Is committed to transparency and accountability in their work, and to best practices for nonprofit membership organization governance.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is a requirement, other languages welcome.
OARC believes firmly in diversity and inclusivity, and in taking a pro-active approach to improving this in our sector of the tech industry, both within our own team and our larger DNS community. OARC's existing team has a range of nationalities, cultures and genders, and we encourage and welcome applicants of all ages, ethnicity, orientations and beliefs. We are supportive of professional development for candidates with potential.